Jarrod Rainey is a Partner of Goldsand Friedberg. Jarrod represents health care and technology companies.
Previously, Jarrod practiced in house at several health care/technology companies, including a non-profit health system, a digital health startup, and a publicly-traded health care innovation company focused on value-based care. Before his in-house roles, Jarrod practiced at Winston & Strawn LLP in its Washington, DC office. Jarrod has expertise in managed care, population health, government health care programs, complex regulatory issues (e.g. privacy, telehealth, professional licensure, fraud and abuse, and government program compliance), government investigations, qui tam litigation, and corporate matters.
Some of Jarrod's representative matters include the following:
Representation of large health system:
◦ payer contracting for fee-for-service and value-based payer arrangements
◦ commercial contracting for technology, equipment/devices, etc.
◦ advising on strategy and governance matters for ACO/CINs and population health initiatives
◦ advising on regulatory issues (e.g. privacy, government programs, etc.) and corporate matters
Representation of digital health startup:
◦ payer contracting for fee-for-service and value-based payer arrangements, including innovative direct-to-employer arrangements, virtual “front door” products, and at-risk arrangements
◦ commercial contracting for technology and software as a service.
◦ advising on regulatory issues and product development for nationwide telehealth practice offering virtual primary care, urgent care, and behavioral health
◦ advising on strategy and corporate issues (e.g. corporate practice of medicine) with operation of telehealth practice
Representation of health care services and technology company:
◦ contracting for value-based arrangements with health systems, academic medical centers, independent physician associations, health plans and other payers, etc.
◦ commercial contracting for technology, health plan operations, consulting, etc.
◦ advising on regulatory issues in value-based arrangements, population health initiatives, CMS innovation programs (MSSP, Next Gen, etc.), Medicare Advantage, managed Medicaid, etc.
◦ advising on corporate development initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions
Representation of national operator of ambulatory surgical centers in multiple government investigations, qui tam litigation, and related regulatory issues
Representation of large pharmaceutical company in commercial litigation matters in multiple jurisdictions
Representation of numerous clients as health care regulatory counsel for transactions involving health care companies